Out of Africa Wildlife Park
Unforgettable Family Campout at Out of Africa!
Are you ready for a family adventure like no other, then grab your sleeping gear and join Out of Africa Wildlife Park for a limited-engagement camp-out as they commemorate 25 years in business. The Park will be having two campouts, the first on Saturday, June 15, 2013 and the second on Saturday, August 03, 2013. Join the celebration with an overnight family adventure alongside lions, tigers, hyenas, and bears. Oh, my!
If you’ve ever wondered what happens at a wildlife park after the last guest leaves, this is your chance to find out firsthand, the perfect opportunity to see animal behavior under a canopy of stars. This unforgettable family adventure is not like that of a typical zoo sleepover. Here, your nighttime activities include a Tiger Splash show, a cobra show, a viewing of a made-for-TV Out of Africa Wildlife Park docudrama, and a special walk down memory lane where park founders Dean and Prayeri Harrison recount their previous 25 years of wildlife adventures, their relationships with the animals, and how the park has evolved over 2 decades.
What campout would be complete without a campfire, away from city lights underneath a humbling plenitude of stars? And in the morning, you’ll wake up to the roar of lions and the aroma of a delicious hot breakfast. It’s an experience that will immerse your senses into the sights, scents, and sounds of the wild. Best of all, you won’t have to travel halfway across the world to take your family on this exotic sleepover. Out of Africa Wildlife Park is located in Camp Verde, Arizona (30 minutes from Sedona).
- Gates open promptly at 5:40 pm
- Campsite set-up from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Dinner from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 pm (not included)
- Tiger Splash™ from 7:30 p.m. to 8:00 pm
- Cobra Encounter from 8:15 p.m. to 8:45 pm
- Ice Cream Social at 8:45 pm
- Founder’s Stories and Movie Time beginning at 9:00 pm
- Breakfast at 7:00 am
- Wrap-up by 8:30 am
Reservations and Fees
- This event is expected to sell quickly. Reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- Call today to reserve your spot at 928.202.4387. Online reservations are not available for this event.
- Fees: Adults: $79.95 + tax Children: $49.95 + tax (ages 3-12)
- For more details please visit Out of Africa Wildlife Park
- A portion of the proceeds will go to benefit the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, dedicated to the protection and preservation of Africa’s wilderness and its denizens, particularly species such as the elephants and black rhinos.
Out of Africa Wildlife Park does not supply tents, camp chairs, flashlights, cots, sleeping pads, sleeping bags, or other camp-related supplies. What you bring is up to you. Whether you prefer to set up a tent, or sleep in the open, camp-out locations will be on the main predator road between tram stop 1 and 3. You can chose your favorite animal(s) to sleep alongside. In the morning, campers must have all belongings out of the park or in the parking lot by 9:00 am.